Why Your Child Needs To See The Dentist
Your child’s oral health needs change as their teeth and jaws develop. That’s why it’s important to make sure their teeth are developing properly. If not, your child may experience issues such as tooth decay, weakened enamel, or crooked teeth and jaws. Regular checkups are essential for giving your child the best possible start in life!
You can expect to visit our office twice a year, or every six months, for complete kids’ checkups, cleanings, and other routine dental maintenance. Regular visits allow our pediatric dentists to monitor your child’s changing oral health and recommend the best solutions for their needs.
Painless Kids’ Checkups At Sweetpea Smiles
Whether your child is visiting the dentist for the first time or just needs a checkup, book with Sweetpea Smiles of Richmond! We are the ideal dental home for your children, offering a fun, friendly environment where every kid can feel safe and comfortable. Here’s what you and your child can expect when you arrive:
- Full mouth exams, including the tongue, throat, and teeth. We check for signs of tooth decay, gum disease, bite problems, and other issues.
- Gentle cleanings to remove plaque and tartar.
- Fluoride applications to strengthen your child’s enamel and prevent decay.
- Comfortable digital X-rays, specially sized for smaller mouths.
- Habit counseling for kids who suck their thumbs or still use pacifiers.
- Hands-on demonstration and instructions on proper tooth brushing.
- Diet instructions for you and your child, including foods to avoid to prevent tooth decay and stains.
How Do You Make My Child Feel Comfortable At The Dentist?
We all understand how anxious children can be when it comes to visiting the dentist. That’s why we work hard to help kids feel safe and comfortable during their time with us. Here are some of the ways we can make your child feel at home with us:
- Video games
- Children’s play area
- TVs in patient rooms
- Our caring, multilingual team
Now Offering New Patient Specials!
Sweetpea Smiles is committed to helping families afford their childrens' dental care needs. Our friendly dentists are dedicated to creating healthy smiles in Richmond and surrounding communities
Insurance & Financing
Sweetpea Smiles works with many dental insurance companies, and we are happy to file and track your claims to help you maximize your benefits. We are in-network with most PPO plans which include the following: Cigna, MetLife, Delta Dental, Aetna, Guardian, BlueCross BlueShield, United Health Care, Principal, and Boon Chapman.
If you don't see your insurance listed here, please give us a call, we are more than happy to help you.Call Us Today!