Our team of dentists believes that children deserve healthy and attractive smiles they can feel good about. A beautiful smile can give them the confidence they need to make new friends or try out for the school play.
With all the changes going on inside your child’s mouth, it’s not surprising that sometimes teeth may not erupt properly – they may become crowded, or grow in crooked or with wide gaps. We provide preventive, interceptive orthodontic treatments for toddlers and young children, including:
- Space maintainers
- Crossbite correction
- Arch expansion
- And more
These treatments often minimize or even eliminate the need for more costly orthodontic procedures in the future. Every member of our staff has a gentle manner to ensure your child receives a beautiful, straight smile they will be proud to show off!
While we can certainly address the needs of young children, we offer a full range of orthodontic solutions for children and teens as well. Here are the services we offer to give your child a beautiful and healthy smile:
- Braces: We use brackets and wires made from a variety of lightweight materials to guide your child’s teeth into the correct alignment over the course of treatment. Elastic bands can also be applied to generate additional pressure on your child’s teeth and jaws.
- Headgear: If we find your child would benefit from headgear, the appliance is attached to the braces from the back of your child’s head. As with rubber bands, headgear is used when extra force is needed to move your child’s teeth and jaws.
- Oral Appliances: Our dentists provide a range of oral appliances that encourage jaw growth and correct bite issues.
- Retainers: Once your child’s orthodontic treatment is complete, they will receive a comfortable, custom-made retainer. The retainer is worn to hold your child’s teeth in their new position and maintain their treatment results. Without regular retainer use, your child’s teeth may shift out of alignment.
What Problems Can Orthodontics Treat?
Our team may recommend orthodontic care to treat a range of developmental issues. Early treatment can be in your child’s best interest if our team determines that their condition may become more severe without treatment. We offer interceptive and full orthodontics to treat:
- Crowded teeth
- Crooked teeth
- Excessively spaced or gapped teeth
- Extra or missing teeth
- Thumb-, finger-, or pacifier- sucking that affects your child’s teeth or jaw growth
If your child experiences one or more of the orthodontic concerns listed above, schedule a consultation with our friendly pediatric dental team. We can help you give your child a healthy, happy smile!
When Should My Child First Visit An Orthodontist?
According to the American Association of Orthodontists, your child should have their first orthodontic exam when you first notice an issue with their teeth, but no later than age 7. By then, your child has enough permanent teeth for our team to evaluate the developing teeth and the jaws. Our team here at Sweetpea Smiles is trained to spot subtle problems even in very young children.
A Clean & Safe Practice
We act in accordance with American Dental Association (ADA) guidelines for cleanliness and safety. We also make every effort to reduce patient exposure to radiation by using digital X-rays, which emit up to 90% less radiation than traditional X-rays. We also use an abdominal shield and a thyroid (neck) collar on all patients during X-rays. Digital X-rays are a valuable aid in oral healthcare for patients. At Sweetpea Smiles, digital X-rays are only recommended for your child when deemed necessary for diagnosis and treatment.
Now Offering New Patient Specials!
We want your visits to be efficient and gentle. Sweetpea Smiles is committed to helping patients afford their dental care needs. Our dentists are dedicated to serving the communities of Sugarland and surrounding areas.
Insurance & Financing
Sweetpea Smiles works with many dental insurance companies, and we are happy to file and track your claims to help you maximize your benefits. We are in-network with most PPO plans which include the following: Cigna, MetLife, Delta Dental, Aetna, Guardian, BlueCross BlueShield, United Health Care, Principal, and Boon Chapman.
If you don't see your insurance listed here, please give us a call, we are more than happy to help you.Call Us Today!